Who you study with is important! Your 200 Teachers Training lays the foundation for your teaching career. Shelly has an excellent reputation for training and cultivating exceptional teachers. In 8 weekends Shelly will guide you through a combination of lectures and workshops where you will have the opportunity to learn through observation, experience and homework.
• Advance your study of asana (including proper alignment, benefits, and contraindications of the physical postures)
• Understand the principles of anatomy and body mechanics
• Explore the science and art of sequencing
• See and interpret how energy moves through the body
• Use props to improve or modify a posture
• Cultivate your voice, both as a teacher and as an individual
• Build confidence through practice teaching
• Gain a broader understanding of yoga history and philosophy
• Learn and define the Sanskrit names of postures
Prerequisite 6-12 months of a consistent yoga practice. Must be at least 16 years old.